Tax Election

Welcome to PwC Tax Election

PwC Tax Election is designed to provide an interactive experience to assist former shareholders or unitholders (the “Taxpayer”) of acquired corporations, income funds or partnerships in making a joint tax election with the acquiring corporation or partnership to obtain a full or partial tax deferral (a “rollover”) of any gain realized for Canadian income tax purposes on the disposition of their old shares or units for new shares or units in the acquiring corporation or partnership.

We trust that you will find this questionnaire convenient and easy to use.


You should NOT file a Tax Election if any of the following apply to you: 

  • You are a non-resident of Canada who is not required to file a Canadian tax return. Non-residents of Canada who dispose of shares or units in a Canadian corporation, trust or partnership may have to file a Canadian tax return. Please discuss your situation with your accountant or tax representative.
  • You held all of the exchanged shares or units in a RRSP, RRIF, RESP, RPP, TFSA or other tax-exempt Canadian plan.
  • You realized a tax loss as a result of the disposition of the exchanged shares or units.
  • You elected to receive ONLY cash and did NOT receive any shares or units in the acquiring corporation or partnership as part of the transaction (not relevant for all transactions).


If this is your first time visiting this page, please click “Register”. You will receive an email from containing a temporary password and details on how to complete your new account setup.

If you have lost, or did not receive, this email and do not have your temporary password, please contact 1-855-348-5088 and leave a message to request for a temporary password.

If you have forgotten your password, and have already created three security questions, then follow the Login process on the Tax Election Login page using your email address as your account.

On the password entry page, instead of entering your password, click on Forgot Your Password in the Need Help Logging In? section to have a new temporary password emailed to you.

For any inquiries related to the Taxpayer's Canadian income tax consequences, please refer to the Plan of Arrangement of the applicable transaction or consult your personal tax advisor.